Last updated on July 11th, 2018
The Best Short Term Health Insurance Isn’t Hard To Find – Here’s How
Everyone gets sick. But not everyone has the means to afford quality health care. Because of this, many people don’t get the care they need and end up with a lower quality of life.
Some people simply need insurance between jobs.
A great way to deal with these problems is to buy a short term health insurance plan. But what do you look for in the best short term medical plan?
What Is Short Term Health Insurance?
A short term, or temporary, health insurance policy is an insurance plan that provides limited, but affordable, benefits when compared to a major medical plan.
A short term plan is most beneficial for people that find themselves needing to cover themselves for a short period of time for small health care needs.
The best short term health insurance policies can be found for under $100 per month.
Who Can Best Benefit From Short Term Medical Insurance?
Short term medical insurance is best for the following group of people:
- Individuals who find that a major medical policy is too expensive and just want something that will cover small healthcare needs.
- People between jobs. Sometimes COBRA is too expensive and the new employer makes you wait a couple of months before you can enroll in their insurance plan.
- People that may need to cancel quickly. A short-term health insurance plan is easy to enroll and cancel. If you go month-to-month with your payments, you can cancel at any time.
- People that just want to be covered in the case of emergencies. This is the primary purpose of the best short term plans.
- Self-employed individuals.
Does Short-Term Health Insurance Cover College Students?
Temporary medical insurance is also best for college students. College students are at a smaller risk of major illnesses, and most college campuses have a clinic available for their students.
Therefore, it may only be necessary to cover emergencies, which would make college students great fits for the best short term health insurance plans.
Do Short-Term Health Insurance Plans Cover Families?
Absoultely! In fast, a short term plan can be a great option for everyone in the family when inexpensive coverage is needed. Use our free short term health insurance quote tool below to find the best short term health insurance rates in your area.
What To Look For In The Best Short Term Health Insurance
There are several things you will need to look for when it comes to finding the best short term health insurance.
- Research several insurance companies. Look at their reputation, their policies, and their plans. Looking at a bunch of companies helps you also find the lowest rate.
- Make sure you fully understand the benefits and what is covered. If your experience with health insurance is only through major medical plans, it is important to understand that not everything that you are used to having covered will be covered.
One great way to find the best plans with the best rates and best benefits is to look online. eHealthInsurance is one of the best around. You can find great short term health insurance rates through their easy to use site.
Great Short Term Medical Insurance Is Easy To Find
It is scary to go through life without health insurance. But getting the best short term health insurance policy can be a great way to get you through a tough time.